As a healthcare provider, you know how important it is to stand out from the competition.
Social media marketing for chiropractors is an excellent means of achieving a successful marketing campaign. With Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram at your disposal, you may quickly and simply contact your target audience. And even better, it’s free!
This guide will teach you some practical tips to help you attract new clients, boost engagement with your followers, and build better relationships online.
Social Media Platforms
Brands use social media platforms to tell a story. Each industry has various platforms that are more effective or less effective for what they have to offer. For example, Pinterest may not be the best platform for chiropractic care unless pins link to a blog post on your website. Since Twitter is great for fast, trending content, it’s not generally a platform people use to find a chiropractor.
We have found the most optimal social media platforms for chiropractic care are:
Instagram. Approximately 200 million people visit at least one Instagram business profile each day which makes this platform an excellent tool for you to tell your story. Share images, videos, and reels, or create stories that will disappear after one day—the Instagram algorithm rewards members who use their most recent features. Reels are the most effective choice right now to help boost your organic reach on Instagram.
YouTube. More than half of YouTube users visit the site for learning and are willing to watch longer videos. This makes YouTube a vital tool for chiropractors to share educational content. Videos to consider posting include tutorials, how-to videos, Question & Answer videos, and testimonials.
You can also create compilation videos where your shorter reels and TikTok videos blend. This allows you to combine particular tutorials or procedures into one video.
Facebook. Keeping your clients up to date with your brand is a potent tool of Facebook. Building relationships through engagement with your clients through this platform helps improve patient retention.
Use Facebook to share blog posts, share business updates, give essential chiropractic tips and post videos and pictures of your practice and important information.
TikTok. This platform is excellent for growing your organic reach using hashtags. We advise using seven hashtags per post.
Your posts are recommended to users based on videos they’ve watched before when you use the hashtags #fyp and #foryoupage. For better results on TikTok, create your business content inside the app, as the algorithm favors more organic content.
Businesses need to understand these differences to create content that will perform well on each platform. You also need to clearly understand your target audience and what kind of content will appeal to them.
Without this strategy and planning, it is very easy for businesses to waste a lot of time and effort on social media with little to show for it.
Types of Social Media Posts
When starting your social media marketing campaign, it’s important to go all out. You want to have as much content in as many places as possible for the people who come to your social pages.
This is the digital face of your practice. In the same way that you want to make your physical practice welcoming to new clients, you want to have your initial social posts as welcoming and friendly.
Make sure there’s diversity in the posts. You don’t want every post to be an advertisement–that will turn people away quickly.
Instead, mix in some fun posts, informative posts, behind-the-scenes posts, etc. That way, people will see that there’s more to your practice than just selling products or services. Once you’ve established a strong presence on social media, you can be more selective with the content you post.
Here are the categories in that we’ve seen the most success:
- Educational. Share content that answers the “why.” Often people are on your page because they are interested and curious yet unsure how a chiropractor can help their situation. Educational content can include various topics, from general care to in-depth therapies and preventative care. Your content, whether a link to a blog post, quote, image, video, or reel, can answer their questions and inspire them to become more healthy and pain-free.
- Behind the Scenes / Seasonal. People enjoy seeing what goes on “behind the stage” of your practice. This includes celebrating holidays, seasons, doctor highlights, family involvement, and testimonials. Keep your page engaging with celebrations like National Chiropractic Health Month, Correct Posture Month, and World Spine Day. This is a way to personalize your brand with your clients and future clients.
- Amusement. You don’t want to be too serious all the time in your social media posts. People enjoy a healthy balance. Like a great dinner includes a tasty appetizer and a delicious dessert, so should your content. Keep a good tone by occasionally adding entertainment elements with memes, viral content, and humor.
As you generate and post content, take time to review the engagement. The entertaining content will likely be the most engaging, but still, keep posting your educational content as the “dessert” may taste good, but you still need the “meat” of your content to keep it balanced. Use your entertainment posts like the hook that draws people in and the educational posts to keep their interests met.
Engaging With Your Audience
From the moment you start using social media to market your business, it’s crucial to establish the tone you want to use. Keep in mind that people want to see a two-way street regarding communication.
With that in mind, ensure all staff members are clear on the tone for social media interactions.
- The goal is to strike a balance in tone, similar to the balance you want to achieve with your content.
- Always remain positive and treat people online the same way they would be treated if they came into your place of business.
- Address and appreciate comments promptly. Failing to do so could give the impression that you don’t care about your customer base.
By showing that you value customer engagement, you’ll build a loyal following that will help your business succeed.
Sharing and Following on Social Media Platforms
As a chiropractor, staying up-to-date with the latest industry news is vital. Following authoritative Chiropractic pages and sharing their content is a great way to build credibility with your patients and ensure you are always up-to-date.
Here are some chiropractic pages you can share and follow:
- American Chiropractic Association
- American Institute of Personal Injury Physicians
- Chiro Health USA
- International Chiropractors Association
- Foundation for Chiropractic Progress
- Florida Chiropractic Association
Handling Negative Responses on Social Media
No matter how much effort you put into keeping everyone happy, someone will always be unsatisfied. Facing occasional hostility on social media, whether in the comments or your business reviews, must be addressed appropriately.
For chiropractors, negative responses can be destructive to your business and reputation. But remember, this is not about the person being negative but about who will read it. The online world is watching. Even a private message is unsafe as it can be screenshot and used against you.
To handle an adverse situation successfully:
- First, delete any comment that is offensive and report the user.
- In your response, be sure to address that you know they are upset and that you have heard them.
- Give an apology for their discontent.
- Offer a way to remedy the situation by contacting your practice directly to resolve the issue.
How you handle dissatisfied people is essential in setting the tone for how everyone else will be treated. Being patient with the occasional unhappy person will allow your audience to see you more positively.
Being a chiropractor on social media gives you access to an engaged and interested audience. By being consistent in your content and producing high-quality videos, you will be able to achieve a successful digital presence. Your chiropractic videos have the potential to reach people who may not have otherwise had the chance to experience your care.
In addition, a social media marketing chiropractic strategy allows you to connect with your fans and followers on a personal level. You can answer their questions, provide tips and advice, and build trust and credibility. When done correctly, social media can be an invaluable tool for promoting your chiropractic practice.
At DigiBIZ, we provide digital marketing services for chiropractors and we offer a free consultation to chiropractors looking to promote your business.